Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Time for Fall Nails!

Fall is finally here. This week started off rainy and blustery, just like any proper autumn Monday should.

Since it’s cooler and wetter out, it’s officially time to make the switch to darker, more edgy nail colors. Since I don’t believe in getting manis at spas, I’m back to my routine of doing my nails at home on Sunday nights while watching TV (in bed…because lazy is what’s called for on Sunday nights).
Sorry for the blurry, not-so-awesome iPhone photo.  And the weird claw pose.  Getting a decent shot is tough.
This week’s nail color is Jitterbug from China Glaze. It’s a nice silvery gray with enough shine and metallic in it to make my nails not look overly Gothy. Not that there’s anything wrong with Gothy. Hell, Goth was my look in High School!

What nail color are you rocking right now? And, do you prefer dark nails, colorful nails, or lighter, more neutral nails? My choice? The darker colors of fall/winter.

16 comments:

phairhead said...

I dig out what ever is on the bottom of my polish basket....that way I don't get sick of the same ol' same ol'


I have a seafoamy green/blue on currently

inmyhansonshirt said...

I love this nail colour! At the moment, I'm rocking bare nails, but I'm wanting something a bit daring....

http://the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

WitchHazel said...

This color is really nice ;) Right now I'm rocking Sinful Colors 'Savage' but only for the day.. turns out I love this color more in the bottle and on my nail wheel than on my own nails ;[

I love pretty much anything but neons.. I own a few (pink, green, yellow) and keep testing them out over and over again TRYING to like them, but they just don't do it for me. Personally I'm with you! I much prefer the fall/winter dark and vampy shades.. I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one who's excited to start using dark colors! ;)

Maia said...

I'm still in love with Essie's fall collection from last year, and I've been going back to it quite a bit since the leaves started turning. I just freshened up Little Brown Dress with a coat of Wet N Wild Behind Closed Doors from the On the Prowl collection... chunky red glitter in a black base. Love it.

Rachel said...

**MAKEUP GIVEAWAY** at www.wadduprachel.com check it out!
My favourite polish right now is peridot by channel!

Bruce said...

this is a great blog, I liked this post a lot, very vibrant nail color shades :).

Makeup, beauty & fashion tips

OFRA said...

That's such a nice color!! Love the blog! :)

Hell in High Heels said...

I just can't seem to give up on summer, I'm still loving the coral shades, love this colour though - I might finally admit the sun has gone for the year :(

Chelsea said...

I love the color & you have a very nice blog.
www.chlsmr.blogspot.com

Kat Johnson said...

You should tire Avon Nailware Pro.The nail Enamel last longer then any other enamel I have trier. Avon even has the crackle finish (rock a nail trend) Thanks

Chichaul said...

Hello!

Your haul looks really great.
If you don't mind please share it with our fashion haul community.
www.chichaul.com

Hope to see you around there!
xoxo :)

makeupgreed said...

I love wearing black on my nails!! Love that grey too :)

Jane Stevens said...

This colour is awesome !

At the moment I am rocking OPI nail polish , this one: http://www.beautiesfactory.co.uk/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=34873

I prefer dark and metal shades for the winter, and usually nude , or the everlasting IN shades of red.

Regards
Beauties Factory UK

SammyTheSnake said...

Now thats my kind of nail color and I definitely am a dark color kind of girl, seems to go with my dark sense of humor. ^^

open said...

thank all.I love this nail colour
Animal beauty
Driver laptop

Epicuren said...

Beautiful nails and color is also cute........